By Y. H. Hui, Isabel Guerrero Legarretta, Miang Hoong Lim, K.D. Murrell, Wai-Kit Nip
Amassing a powerful quantity services on frozen foodstuff technology, know-how, and engineering, this reference describes the manufacture, processing, inspection, and defense of frozen foods—surveying a variety of subject matters in frozen meals packaging, caliber, and shelf-life from greater than 50 of the main revered leaders within the box.
Read or Download Handbook of frozen foods PDF
Best food science books
Content material: aim measurements of taste caliber : basic techniques, difficulties, pitfalls, and accomplishments / Walter G. Jennings -- Correlation of smell intensities and vapor pressures with structural houses of odorants / Andrew Dravnieks -- style chemical combinations : a psychophysical research / Howard R.
Keeping the excessive regular set through the former bestselling versions, basic foodstuff Microbiology, Fourth version offers the main up to date info during this quickly transforming into and hugely dynamic box. Revised and extended to mirror fresh advances, this variation broadens assurance of foodborne illnesses to incorporate many new and rising pathogens, in addition to descriptions of the mechanism of pathogenesis.
On account that eighty% of the worldwide creation of oils and fat is ate up as meals and an extra 6% is eaten by way of animals to supply extra human nutrition, it's not wonderful that food is likely one of the energetic components in lipid technological know-how. For 10 years, Mike Gurr has written foodstuff articles in lipid expertise amounting to just about 60 stories.
Foodstuff security within the twenty first Century: Public healthiness standpoint is a crucial reference for somebody at present operating within the foodstuff or these coming into the undefined. It presents lifelike, useful, and intensely usable information regarding key features of nutrients safeguard, whereas additionally systematically impending the problem of foodborne affliction by way of addressing the intricacies of either prevention and keep an eye on.
- The science of bakery products
- Serving people with food allergies : kitchen management and menu creation
- Flavour Development, Analysis and Perception in Food and Beverages
- Food Protection and Security. Preventing and Mitigating Contamination during Food Processing and Production
- Foodborne diseases : case studies of outbreaks in the agri-food industries
- Extracting Bioactive Compounds for Food Products: Theory and Applications (Contemporary Food Engineering)
Extra resources for Handbook of frozen foods
6. 7. 8. HAC Thijssen. Freeze concentration. In: A Spicer, ed. Advances in Preconcentration and Dehydration of Foods. London: Applied Science Publishers, 1974, pp. 115–149. M Karel. Concentration of foods. In: M Karel, OR Fennema, DB Lund, eds. Physical Principles of Food Preservation. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1975, pp. 287–294. TR Noel, SG Ring, MA Whittam. Glass transition in low-moisture foods. Trends in Food Sci and Technol 62–67, 1990. HD Goff. Low-temperature stability and the glassy state in frozen foods.
There is no single universal rule governing frozen food preservation; just as with optimal freezing rates, which vary from product to product, the storage time depends not only on the temperature but also on the type of product and packaging. Most physical and chemical reactions are slowed with the decrease in temperature, but they are not stopped at common storage temperatures. The product deterioration during cold storage is a slow, continuous, cumulative, and irreversible process. The physical properties of food products change dramatically depending on water availability and temperature.
There is still no agreement on how the DSC data should be interpreted. The reported Tg0 values, according to some authors, is the temperature of the midpoint or the onset of the ﬁrst transition; for others, it is the midpoint of the second step. They are called, respectively, Tgonset, Tg1, and Tg2 on Fig. 2. This explains the variations in published Tg0 values . Because of the ambiguity of the Tg0 determination from simple DSC traces, it was suggested to use simpliﬁed state diagrams of solute–water blends, which represent their different states in the low-temperature range.
Handbook of frozen foods by Y. H. Hui, Isabel Guerrero Legarretta, Miang Hoong Lim, K.D. Murrell, Wai-Kit Nip